The A Minor Chord
The A Minor chord in the open position is one of the five fundamental minor chord shapes you will learn to play on guitar. They are Em, Am. Dm, Cm and Gm.
The below diagram shows you how to play the chord with suggested finger positions.
Fingering the A Minor Chord
- Place your index finger on the 1st fret of the B string
- Put your middle finger on the 2nd fret of the D string
- Place your ring finger on the 2nd fret of the G string
- Strum all the strings together without hitting the low E string
- Intervals: 1 – b3 – 5
- Notes: A – C – E
- Chord Symbols: Am, Amin, A-
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!